I will be completely honest. I woke up this morning and didn’t even realize that today was December 31st! Whoops!
2014 has been quite the year for us! Here are a few of our “Top Things we did in 2014!”
- Visited Washington, D.C. for the first time! What an amazing trip, especially getting to experience it with the MN Farm Bureau and really see the legislative side of D.C.
- Started a honey bee business!
- Mark was chosen to participate in Connecting Nicollet County Leadership Program.
- Sara was chosen to participate in MARL (Minnesota Agriculture and Rural Leadership) Program
- Got the camper out and traveling throughout Minnesota a few times this summer.
- Welcomed a horse, Razzy, into our crazy mix of animals.
- Sara started a new job as a Project Coordinator for the Southern MN Center of Agriculture.
- Mark is now in the Farm Business Management program at South Central College.
- Served another year on the Le Sueur County Farm Bureau Board. Mark also served as a voting delegate for the first time, and Sara served on the State Resolution’s Committee for the first time.
We have had quite a busy year, but I think the best thing we did this year was find out we are expecting a little girl in April! We are so excited to see where 2015 takes us, especially with a baby in the mix!
Below is just a sampling of some of my favorite “farm” memories and photos from 2014.
2015 for us includes many goals and ideas. We typically take New Years Eve to discuss where we want to see ourselves, make a few initial plans and create a “to do” list of things we can tackle to hopefully make our goals a reality. I will most likely order a pizza, get out our calendar, laptop and notepad and set to work to ring in the New Year with a plan. Our goals and ideas include expanding our honey bee operation, enjoying time with our baby girl once she arrives, taking a few more camping trips, learning to appreciate the small things and everyday victories, spending more time investing in ourselves with classes and conferences, attending church more often, and a few other things!
I want to wish all of you an exceptionally Happy New Year in 2015 and that you might accomplish all your goals and plans!
Do you make resolutions? Do you have any big plans for 2015?