Another blogger I follow, Brandi over at Lipstick and Tractors (who only lives in the state below me-not too far across the border even!) nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award, is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers, when they think they have an up and coming blog that we should all be checking out! Generally, up and coming in the blogging world is defined as someone with fewer than 200 followers for this award. Their follower numbers can be viewed in your WordPress Reader! However, the rules of the award tend to change a little, so use your best judgment! The rules I was presented with were that I had to nominate 10 other blogs, answer 10 questions that Brandi gave me, and come up with 10 questions for the bloggers I nominated to answer, if they choose to accept the award!
If the bloggers I have nominated below want to accept their Liebster Award, they need to:
- Thank the person who nominated them.
- Nominate 10 up & coming blogs they follow for the award.
- Answer the 10 questions I gave them.
- Create 10 questions of their own for their nominations to answer.
- Oh & don’t forget to blog about it and put the award up on your page!
It is a great way to discover blogs we may not have known about before and award ones that we like and have been following! I choose some new blogs I’ve followed lately, a few favorites, and a few friends’ blogs as well. I hope you enjoy reading them and following them as much as I do. I also think the questions are a fun way to find out a little more about who is behind the blog!
Here are the 10 questions Brandi gave me to answer:
1. Where did you grow up? In a small town, in a big city, or in the country? On a farm, an acreage, or a downtown apartment? I grew up on my family’s farm in southern Minnesota. The town has a population of about 25,000 now, but I lived about 7 miles out-of-town. The actual parcel of land I grew up on was about 150 acres, and has been in my family for 5 generations, and over 100 years.
2. Do you have any pets? If no, did you have any in the past? Yes, I currently have one large chocolate lab named Charger, who is the world’s biggest baby and afraid of floors (not joking!). I have a cat named Winchester, and 2 rabbits named Fidget and Waffle. Growing up I had all sorts of animals since we lived on a farm but my favorites were my lamb Gizmo and my first beef calf named Dexter.
3. What is your favorite recipe? This is a hard one! I love cooking and baking so picking one is very hard, and my mom still makes everything better than I ever could. Here’s a few recipes for some favorites: a good Crockpot shredded pork bbq, million dollar spaghetti, and white wedding cupcakes.
4. One item you can’t live without? Chapstick and cowboy boots. Okay, that’s two items. I cheated.
5. Why did you start blogging? I originally started on Tumblr as part of a college class project about 3 years ago, kind of forgot about it, then in February attended an AgChat conference. It inspired me to restart my blog about our farm and tell the unique story I have. I’m pretty sure that evening I moved my blog to WordPress and shutdown my Tumblr site, and I’ve been chugging along ever since!
6. What was your first vehicle? My first vehicle is still my vehicle-a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My next vehicle will probably be another Jeep.
7. What’s your family like? Brothers, sisters? Married? Children? I have my mom, my dad passed in 2009. I have 2 brothers and a sister, a bunch of nieces and nephews. Some sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, parentals-in-law. I’m married to the hubs-Mark, and we just have fur children.
8. What are your hobbies? Scrapbooking and card making when I can, and I can tolerate the mess I make in the process. I also dabble in photography. Is drinking coffee a hobby? Because it pretty much is for me! I like to fish and hunt as well. Mark’s parents have lake property so we like to get out and fish as much as we can during the summer. We hunt deer and pheasant. I keep applying for the turkey lottery but never seem to get drawn.
9. Hollywood has decided to film a movie about your life, who did they cast to play you? Anna Kendrick or Reese Witherspoon. They are my two favorite actresses!
10. What do you want to accomplish in your life? Honestly, just leading a life I’m happy with, can be proud of and if I have kids, teach them to appreciate the small things in life. Now hopefully all of this is in a house in the middle of nowhere off a dirt road with cattle and horses grazing off of my front porch…
- Mrs. Midwest
- The Aggie Hipster
- Newman’s Corner
- Cowspots & Tales
- New to the Farm
- Heim Dairy
- Small Nebraska Farming
- My Other More Exciting Self
- Charmed Life of a Farmer’s Wife
- An Eye on the Western Sky
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you won a 2-week trip, with the destination of your choice, where would you go?
- If money was no object, what is one “want” you would purchase?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What are the best word’s of advice you have received?
- What was your very first job?
- What possession do you treasure the most, and what is the story behind it?
- What is one goal you want to accomplish before you “kick the bucket”?
- What is your all-time favorite movie and why?
So there you have it folks, my answers, my nominees, and the questions they will be answering if they choose to participate! I hope you check out their awesome blogs whether they participate or not-it is always fun to check out some new blogs!
Thank you again Brandi, for the nomination! I can’t wait to add an “awards” section to the page now!