I recently saw the 101 in 1001 challenge on another blog and wanted to find out more about it!
I visited the Day Zero Project website to find out more and started working on my own 101 in 1001 list.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
1. Build or find a home within the next 6 months (by end of 2013)
2. Make or order a Est. in 2012 sign to hang up
3. Paint the three-tier shelf and rewire it within the next 3 months
4. Develop a plan for an organized household
5. Wash laundry 2 or 3 times a week so it doesn’t all pile up at once
6. Purchase at least 8 acres with our home for farm growth
7. Print out my photography on canvas to hang on our walls
8. Build a Chicken Coop tall enough for me to fit into with a completely fenced in area so the chickens can’t keep flying out
9. Build a horse barn with at least 3 stalls and an office area
10. Present at least 3 times quarterly with the MN Farm Bureau Speak for Yourself Program
11. Attend MN Farm Bureau Meetings and join the YFR program
12. Volunteer with 4H or FFA
13. Plant a garden big enough to sell fresh veggies at the farmers market
14. Increase involvement with planting and harvesting operations
15. Purchase a horse for trail riding
16. Increase our family size with another puppy and/or adopt a puppy
17. Up my views to at least 30 a day through the use of Pinterest, tags, Twitter and other blog comments
18. Post at a MINIMUM once a week
19. Designate someone to be my “Reblogger” via Facebook and Twitter to help drive traffic to my page
20. Buy my URL/Upgrade to a PRO account on WordPress
21. Have a guest blogger on my blog
22. Be a guest blogger on a blog
23. Read at least one book on motivation every 3 months
24. Go back to school to obtain a degree in either Agricultural Law or Agriculture Management
25. Cook at least one “Pinterest” recipe, four times a month.
26. Get one of my poems published (even if in a small publication)
27. Answer the questions to 50 questions that will free your mind.
28. Obtain my head coaching licensure from the MN State High School League
29. Buy a canner and learn to can from my mom and mark’s mom (Spaghetti sauce and Salsa Yum!)
30. Sew a pillow
31. Complete my wedding scrapbook album
32. Complete my Mexico trip scrapbook album
33. Make a hardcover engagement photo book on Shutterfly
34. Make a hardcover wedding photo book on Shutterfly
35. Make and sell my cards somewhere in town
36. Make a wreath for every “holiday” season to put on my front door
37. Attend a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Class.
38. Complete the “52” weeks money saving challenge in 2013
39. Save all my 5’s-dont spend them!
40. Develop and stick to a budget. Use the Dave Ramsey Envelope Plan
41. Train and run a 5K in 30-32 minutes
42. Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes every single month
43. Try a new fitness class once every four months (yoga, Pilates, spinning, dancing, etc.)
44. Purchase myself new fitness gear after completing 1 month of #42
45. Attend church at least once a month.
46. Try a family or couples retreat at Camp Omega.
47. Find one bible verse a month and study it that month
PAY IT FORWARD
48. Buy a $10 meal, leave a $10 tip
49. Become an alumni donor of Mankato State University
50. Pay for the person behind me at McDonalds or Caribou
51. Volunteer on one house a summer with Rice County Habitat for Humanity
52. Donate to Sigma Sigma Sigma, Epsilon Rho
55. Chevron Tunic or Dress
56. Statement Bauble Necklace
58. Brown Boots
59. A Leather Jacket
60. Pull-Type or 5th wheel camper
HUSBAND AND WIFE
61. Celebrate our 1st and 2nd anniversaries doing something really cool! (okay so this breaks the vague rule, but we’ll think of something “cool”)
62. Create a restaurant list and every time we say where should we eat, we pick one, go there and check it off!
63. Attend a play up in the cities at the Orpheum or Chanhassen
64. Go to Chicago to take Mark to the BlueMan Group
65. Start a family within the next year
66. Say “I love you” every single day
67. Throw a birthday party for Mark
68. Write a silly note once a week and place it into Mark’s lunchbox
69. Note: Find Mark a cool lunchbox
70. Visit 3 states I’ve never been to (Oregon, New York and Colorado)
71. Take Mark horseback riding in the Sawtooth Mountains
72. Visit 6 more State Parks in Minnesota to get our State Park stamps!
73. Visit Mount Rushmore again
74. See the Grand Canyon
75. Start planning (and saving) for a trip to Australia
76. Go on an annual summer trip with my mom and sister
77. Visit my family in Idaho
78. Go out to dinner with my mother-in-law by myself
79. Find a time to go out and talk with my sisters-in-law
80. Establish a once a month Sunday dinner with all of my family
81. Restore 2 “broken” relationships (I have 2 in mind and 1 is in the process)
82. Explain my feelings to a sibling about how I feel from their actions
83. Go to the horse races at Canterbury Park
84. Tour Schell’s Brewery
85. Go see Bentleyville
86. Go to the haunted ship in Duluth, MN
87. Bemidji Dragon Boat Festival
88. Visit Children’s Museum
89. Purchase a blanket from the Faribault Woolen Mills Store
90. Get a tattoo in memory of my father
91. Go to Ikea
92. Write a letter to myself to be opened in 10 years
93. Camp in the bed of our truck down by the lake
94. Develop and have a wardrobe I actually like
95. Grow my hair back out
96. Take a digital photography course or a web design course
97. Obtain InDesign for my personal computer
98. Upgrade to an actual desktop computer not just a laptop for all of my editing/design work
99. Start my own business in marketing and event promotions
100. Find a way to incorporate agriculture into my career
101. Find a way to work from home so I can have more time to volunteer and help on the farm